Here is a recent press release we thought we’d share about Featherlite being the race transporter provider of many racing series champions in 2011. We’re pretty proud to be the choice of champions!
CRESCO, Iowa/December 16, 2011—Upon the completion of the 2011 race season, Featherlite was proud to be the trailer of choice for many racing series champions, including:
- Tony Stewart (Stewart-Haas Racing) – NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
- Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (Roush Fenway Racing) – NASCAR Nationwide Series
- Austin Dillon (RCR Racing) – NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
- Dario Franchitti (Target Chip Ganassi Racing) – IZOD IndyCar Series
- Ty Dillon (RCR Racing) – ARCA Racing Series
- Jason Meyers (Elite Racing) – World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series
- Scott Pruett & Memo Rojas (Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates) – GRAND-AM Road Racing (Daytona Prototypes Class)
“We’re very excited to be the preferred trailer of these champion racers and teams and extend congratulations to each of them for their outstanding seasons,” Featherlite Specialty Sales Manager Mike Galvin said.
Featherlite, a leading manufacturer of aluminum trailers, designs and builds specialized 53-foot race car transporters as well as car, recreational, horse, livestock and other specialty trailers. They also supply office, vending, event marketing, hospitality and other custom trailers for race officials, teams and sponsors.
“Featherlite built its first race car transporter in 1992, custom designed around the specific needs of the team,” Dan Belore, Featherlite Specialty Sales Manager, said. “Since then, we’ve created a number of long-standing relationships with race teams in the major circuits. We look forward to continuing to provide them with support in 2012 and with a product that keeps pace with the dynamic needs of our clients.”
Featherlite is the ‘official trailer’ of NASCAR, IZOD IndyCar Series, Grand American Road Racing and ARCA. As part of its NASCAR partnership, Featherlite serves as the sponsor of the Most Improved Driver Award, which honors drivers who improve the most finishing positions from the previous race. In 2011, over 80 drivers were awarded the weekly awards with a driver from the Nationwide Series, Camping World Truck Series and four regional touring series receiving the year-end award.
Congrats to all these Featherlite owners on an outstanding season!